- You make excuses. 5am is too early. I am too busy. I am too tired. Bottom line is, if you want to do it, you will find a way. Make it a priority and make it happen.
- You are not tracking your food. We can get carried away with a lot of mindless eating. A bite here, a cookie, there. No harm, right? Wrong! Those calories quickly add up. If you are trying to lose weight by creating a 300 calorie deficit each day, you can eliminate that with one cookie. TRACK EVERY BITE! I like to use myfitnesspal.com.
- You are not lifting weights. Cardio will not make you thin. In fact, if you lose weight doing cardio, your body will require even more cardio to continue the progress because our bodies adapt. Building muscle is the only way to increase your body’s metabolism so that you burn more calories in a day. Like just breathing. And burning more calories. That sounds much better than 2 hours on the elliptical. Plus you’ll feel strong as hell.
- You are not drinking enough water. Water is what we are made of. Squeeze your arm. It’s squishy. You are wet under your skin. Drinking water will keep your body from holding on to all the water it can so that it has enough. And it makes your skin glow! Bonus!
- You need to eat more protein. Ya’ll, eat all the meat! Lean protein will help you get that sculpted look you are looking for. Chicken, fish, eggs, and lean beef are good choices. Plan your meals and try to make each meal 60% protein. Protein also helps you feel fuller. And it’s not as calorie dense, so you can enjoy more of the foods!
Remember, if I can do it, you can too! You just have to start!