10 Ways to Soothe Your Soul
If you’re like me, you run non-stop at 100 miles per hour, all day, every day. Sometimes, it feels like I never stop to take a breath, more less to relax and give my soul time to recharge.
It is so important that you take some time to care for yourself at least once a week. A little time to relax, even as little as 30 minutes, once a week can work wonders for your soul and your sense of peace throughout the rest of your crazy week.
“So how do I get this done?” or “Where do I find the time for this on top of everything else?” are the questions you’re asking me right now, right?
I get it. It’s hard. I can’t give you more time. But I can give you some suggestions. Read less Facebook. Wake up 30 minutes early. Get dinner started and then take a few minutes while it’s cooking. You can do it! I know you can!
I am going to give you…
10 ways to gently recharge when you need it.
- Take a long bubble bath– A good long bath can really supercharge your path to relaxation. Want to take it a step further? Add some lavender essential oils to the water.
- Do some gentle Yoga – The easy stretching of yoga and focus on breath can loosen up your muscles and your mind. Play some soothing music to increase the effect.
- Read a good book – If you’re a reader, find a good book that makes you feel good inside. Whether that’s self improvement, inspirational, spiritual, or fiction, read something that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
- Get/give yourself a pedicure – This is one I often neglect, but there’s something about looking down and seeing those pretty little toes that makes my soul sing. Not to mention, taking care of your feet is so important because we use them for everything! Take care of those little piggies!
- Listen to a playlist of your favorite songs – Have a couple of songs in your mind that always seem to lift your spirits and make you happy. Put them in a playlist and play them for yourself when you need a good pick-me-up.
- Pray or Meditate– Spending some quiet time in prayer or meditation can really clear your head and give you clarity.
- Journal– I like to gratitude journal. This is where you simply take some time each day to write down things you are grateful for. It’s a great way to get some clarity around your life and center your soul. It will also improve your outlook on life. I picked up a super cute journal. I just have a thing for cute notebooks!
- Dance-Sometimes you just need to dance it out! Put on some good music and dance like no one is watching! Smile while you do it! Bonus: You’ll get an endorphin rush from the exercise!
- Encourage a friend– Or a stranger! When you pour yourself into someone else, your soul can’t help but respond! Giving of ourselves is one of the most rewarding things we can do!
- Take a walk– Preferably in the woods. There’s something soul soothing about a good nature walk. Don’t have nature, just go outside and walk around. Get some Vitamin D and you’ll feel refreshed!
Use these techniques any time you think you need a little time to ease the stress on your soul. Take a few minutes to really focus on letting go of those stresses and you will be so much more productive for the rest of the week!
They may seem very simple, but studies show that the more stressed you are, the worse your overall health can be! So take charge of your health and go get that pedicure! (See what I did there?)
If this post was helpful to you, please share it! I would love to hear your thoughts below!